Warranty policy for
BOA WINCH® products
BOA WINCH® products are designed and manufactured according to rigorous standards and deliver superior performance while being safe, easy to use and install. If you have any difficulties using your product, we suggest that you first consult the user guide or the support section of this website. The latter contains, depending on the type of product, downloadable user guide, frequently asked questions or presentation videos.
In the unlikely event of a BOA WINCH® product failure, Groupe 2T2 Inc. will repair or replace, free of charge, during the period of validity of the waranty, provided that the product has been used in accordance with the instructions and in the intended environment.
This document applies exclusively to general public products and takes precedence over any other warranty document. In the case of professional agreements, the warranty conditions of the sales or purchase contract apply.
Always use BOA WINCH® products in accordance with applicable tiedown laws and regulations in your area.
The warranty period starts on the date of purchase as stated on your proof-of-purchase and expires at the end of the period indicated in the section “Warranty period” below. If you require service but you lost your proof-of-purchase or the retailer is unknown to 2T2 Group Inc. (e.g. a reseller on an on-line auction channel), the warranty period shall be deemed to have started three months from the date of manufacture indicated on the product or derived from the serial number. If you require service for products without production date or serial number on the product a valid proof-of-purchase is required.
Under warranty, the product must be returned to 2T2 Group Inc. and at the customer’s expense. 2T2 Group Inc. responsibility is limited to the repair of the product and/or the replacement of parts and or the product to remedy a problematic situation without further consequences or charges.
Where a repair is not possible or not commercially viable, 2T2 Group Inc. may replace the product with a new or improved version of equivalent functionality. After a repair or replacement the warranty period will continue from the date of the original purchase.
Under no circumstances can the manufacturer be held liable for consequential damages (including, but not limited to, loss of income), nor compensation for activities performed by your company of affiliated companies.
The warranty excludes, or does not apply if:
- The proof-of-purchase has been altered in any way or is made illegible;
- The serial number or production date code on the product has been altered, removed or made illegible;
- Repairs or product modifications have been carried out by unauthorized service organizations or persons;
- The defect is the result of excessive use outside the intended purpose or neglect;
- Defect is cause by use of an impact type of drill;
- The final tension is not applied with the BOA WINCH® handle;
- The defect was caused by excessive use outside of the foreseen modalities, e.g. use as a lifting device;
- The defect is caused by usage beyond the intended load limit;
- The defect is caused by excessive use of the product or by environmental conditions that do not comply with the instructions for use of the product;
- The defect results from the use of additional equipment or accessories other than those recommended in the user guide;
- The unit has been damaged, including but not limited to, damage by abnormal tension, accident, fire, natural disaster, handling or transportation of the units.
- Normal wear and tear;
- The product does not function properly because it was not originally designed, manufactured or approved for use in the country where you use the product, which might occur when you imported the product;
- The defect is cause by a third-party being used on, or with your products and not intended for that purpose.
To avoid any unnecessary inconvenience, we advise you to read the user guide carefully or consult the support section of this website before contacting your retailer or Groupe 2T2 Inc. To obtain services within the warranty period, please contact customer service as indicated on this website.
To be able to help you efficiently when you contact 2T2 Group Inc. or its service partners please have available:
- The product type or model number (e.g. BOA-STD-LL-ZP), available in the products section of this website;
- The proof-of-purchase (e.g. original invoice or cash receipt) indicating the date of purchase, dealer name and model number of the product;
- The product serial number or production date code as specified on the product. The latter, if available, are located on the protective side plate of the winches.